Mix Veggie Salad
- Sweet potato
- Salt to taste
- Sarthak Satvik Ghee
How to prepare:
- Steam or boil the sweet potato
- Blanch (boil, and then, cool) the carrots
- Mix the vegetables
- Sprinkle some grated coconut over it
- Add salt to taste
- Drizzle some oil on the mixture
- Toss and serve
- In general, it will be best to cook the vegetables.
- You can also pick from this choice of vegetables for the salad – beets, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, green beans, lettuce, mustard greens, okra, peas, potatoes, sweet pumpkin, radish, spinach, berries, cherries, fresh dates and figs. It will add color and flavor to your vata recipe.
- As part of the salad dressing, you may choose from among these – lemon juice, chili powder, hing (asafetida) powder, rock salt, sugar/jaggery and til (sesame seed) oil.