¾ cup pearl millet
½ cup split moong dal (green gram)
For sauté and garnish
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- A few curry leaves
- Black pepper
- Rock salt
- Sarthak Satvik Ghee
How to prepare:
- For one portion of millet and moong, add 5-6 times as much water and cook on a low fire.
- If required, add more water while cooking.
- Add the sauté and salt to taste.
- Add sarthak satvik ghee.
- Khichadi, prepared with old rice and split moong dal, is beneficial for fevers or stomach ailments.
- It is advisable to eat it with ghee or butter throughout pregnancy.
- Due to its light, heating and drying effect, millet is beneficial in high metabolic residues, and dull digestive fire. It is, therefore, a useful addition to your kapha recipe.