- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup red pumpkin peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (tsp.) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. clove
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 3 cups water and 1 cup coconut milk or 1 cup of each, half-and-half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutmeg for garnish
- 2 tbsp. sarthak satvik ghee
How to prepare:
- Boil or steam the butternut squash and pumpkin.
- Now, add the water or coconut milk and mix. Keep aside.
- Warm the ghee. Add the cumin, ginger, turmeric powder, clove, and cinnamon in it, till an enticing aroma fills the room.
- Add the spices to the original mix.
- Mash the mixture with a masher.
- Garnish with nutmeg.
- Serve hot.